Dr Laila Adel M. Samy Mohsen
Assistant Professor and Consultant Radiologist at Minia University Hospital, Egypt.
Specialist Radiology at Thumbay Hospital,
Dubai and Assistant Professor of Radiology, GMU, Ajman, UAE.
Phone number: 00971563747368
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Neuro-Radiology (including Neuro-Oncology, Neuro-Vascular Radiology).
- Advanced MRI modalities and techniques (Diffusion, Perfusion, MR Spectroscopy and Magnetization Transfer Imaging).
- Transcranial Doppler.
- Bachelor of General Medicine and surgery, Minia University (2001).
- Masters degree (MSc) of Diagnostic Radiology, Minia University (2006).
- Title of thesis: (Role of Duplex Ultra-Sound in the Pre-Operative Evaluation of Primary Varicose Veins)
- Medical Doctorate degree (MD) of Diagnostic Radiology, Minia University (2012).
- Title of thesis: (Advanced MRI techniques in the assessment of cerebral glioma)
- Fellowship (Research Associate) of diagnostic neuroimaging, university department of Radiology, Cambridge University, Cambridge, UK (2010-2011)
- Fellowship of the Royal College of Radiologists (FRCR): finished part 1 and part 2A. Preparing to finish part 2B.
- Three years residency in Minia University hospital (2003 -2006).
- Assistant Lecturer of Diagnostic Radiology (2006 – 2012).
- Specialist then Consultant in Private Diagnostic Center (Safwa Radiology Center, Minia, Egypt): 2006 – 2014.
- Research Associate of Neuro-imaging in university department of Radiology, Cambridge University, Cambridge, UK (2010-2011).
- Consultant and Lecturer of Diagnostic Radiology, Minia University Hospital, Egypt (2012 – now).
- Specialist A of Diagnostic Radiology in GMC Hospital, Ajman, UAE (2014 – 2015).
- Specialist Radiology in Thumbay Hospital, Dubai, UAE (2015 – now).
- Assistant Professor of Diagnostic Radiology in GMU (2014 – now).
- Consultant and Assistant Professor of Diagnostic Radiology, Minia University Hospital, Egypt (2017 – now).
Diagnostic Radiology Experience
- Conventional Radiography.
- Ultrasonography of the cranium, neck, breast, abdomen, pelvis, superficial and obstetrics.
- Anomaly Scan.
- Fetal Echocardiography: developing skills.
- Duplex Ultrasonography of the neck and extremity vessels.
- Computed Tomography of the different body regions.
- MRI of the Brain, neck, spine, abdomen, pelvis and musculo-skeletal.
- Thesis entitled: Role of Duplex Ultra-Sound in the Pre-Operative Evaluation of Primary Varicose Veins, as a part of fulfillment of the MSc degree in Diagnostic Radiology.
- Thesis entitled: Advanced MRI techniques in the assessment of cerebral glioma, as a part of the fulfillment of the MD degree in Diagnostic Radiology.
- Clinical Trial: Safety and Efficacy Evaluation of DOTAREM® in MRI of Central Nervous System (CNS) Lesions (SENTIO). Co-investigator in this trial in Cambridge, UK during the time from September 28, 2010 to January 30, 2012.
- Clinical Trial: Markers of Aggressive Local Therapy In Newly diagnosed Glioblastomas (MALTING) trial. Co-investigator in this trial in Cambridge, UK during the time from March 01, 2010 to August 01, 2011.
- Sadat U, Mohsen LA, Young V, Teng Z, Gillard JH. “MS556 High Resolution MRI-Based Biomechanical Stress Analysis Of Carotid Plaques Can Predict Severity Of White Matter Lesions.” Atherosclerosis Supplements 11(2):221-222. June 2010.
- Diffusion Tensor Invasive Phenotypes Can predict Time to progression in Glioblastomas. Proc. Intl. Soc. Mag. Reson. Med. 19 (2011).
- Normalized Cerebral Blood Volume in the peri-tumoral region helps identify infiltration. Proc BNOS 2011 Cambridge, UK.
- The effect of corticosteroids on the T2 appearance of Glioblastoma Multiforme. Proc BNOS 2011 Cambridge, UK.
- Non invasive assessment of the invasive microenvironment of glioblastomas: a multi-modal imaging study. Proc. EANO, Marseille, 2012.
- Non invasive assessment of tumor microenvironment in invasive margins of glioblastomas: A multimodal imaging pilot study. Proc RSNA 2012.
- Mohsen LA, Shi V, Jena R, Gillard JH, Price SJ. “Diffusion tensor invasive phenotypes can predict progression-free survival in glioblastomas.” Br J Neurosurg.2013 Feb 27.
- Is Mini-Mental Score Examination (MMSE scoring) a new predictor of uncontrolled hypertension? Khaled Sayed, Mohamad Saad, Tamer Taha, Laila Adel, Nashaat A. Fadeel, Mohamad Ibrahiem, Amr Sotouhy. Proceedings of CardioAlex 2013.
- Young AMH, Thomas OM, Mohsen LA, Frary AJ, Lupson V, Mclean M, Price SJ. “Characterisation of the metabolic changes at the diffusion tensor defined invasive margins of glioblastoma using magnetic resonance spectroscopy.” Scottish medical journal 58(3):E46-E46 · August 2013.
- Is Mini-Mental Score Examination (MMSE scoring) a new predictor of uncontrolled hypertension? Khaled Sayed, Mohamad Saad, Tamer Taha, Laila Adel, Nashaat A. Fadeel, Mohamad Ibrahiem, Amr Sotouhy. J Clin Hypertens (Greenwich). 2014 May;16(5):348-53.
- Mohsen LA, Shi V, Jena R, Gillard JH, Price SJ. Non-Invasive Assessment Of Tumour Microenvironment In Invasive Margins Of Glioblastomas: A Multimodal Imaging Study. Proc. Egyptian Society of Radiology & Nuclear Medicine 2013, Cairo, Egypt.
- Ehab A. Abd-El Gawad, Ahmed M. Ibraheem, Laila Adel M. Samy, Ahmed M. Atyia, Mahmoud Ragab. Assessment of the distal runoff in patients with long standing diabetes mellitus and lower limb ischemia: MDCTA versus DSA. Egypt J Radiol Nucl Med (2013).
- Laila A. Mohsen, Ehab A.A. Gawad, Mohamed A. Ibrahiem. CT quantification of emphysema: Is semi-quantitative scoring a reliable enough method? Egypt J Radiol Nucl Med (2014)
- Khaled S. Mahmoud, Tamer T. Ismail, Mohamad Saad, Laila A. Mohsen, Mohamed A. Ibrahiem, Nashaat A.A. Fadeel, Amr Sotouhy. Values of ambulatory blood pressure monitoring for prediction of cognitive function impairment in elderly hypertensive patients. Egypt Heart J (2014).
- Alaa Wagih, Laila Mohsen, Moustafa M. Rayan, Mo’men M. Hasan, Ashraf H. Al-Sherif. Posterior Reversible Encephalopathy Syndrome (PRES): Restricted Diffusion does not Necessarily Mean Irreversibility. Pol J Radiol. 2015 Apr 25;80:210-6.
- Ahmed S. Issa, MBBCh, Laila A. Mohsen, MD, Adel MS Mohsen, MD. “Tropical Pyo-myositis and septic arthritis”. Eurorad 2014, Apr. 16; URL: http://www.eurorad.org/case.php?id=11748
- Laila Adel Mohsen, Ahmed A. Mohsen, Adel M. Samy. “Isolated Agenesis of Septum Pellucidum”. Eurorad 2016, Mar. 8; URL: http://www.eurorad.org/case.php?id=13413.
- Nasr M. Osman, Laila Adel M. Samy. “Benign and malignant portal venous thrombosis: Multi-modality imaging evaluation.” The Egyptian Journal of Radiology and Nuclear Medicine 2016 Jun; 47(2): 387-397.
- Price SJ, Young AM, Scotton WJ, Ching J, Mohsen LA, Boonzaier NR, Lupson VC, Griffiths JR, McLean MA, Larkin TJ. “Multimodal MRI can identify perfusion and metabolic changes in the invasive margin of glioblastomas.” J Magn Reson Imaging. 2016 Feb;43(2):487-94.
- Laila Adel Mohsen “Kaposi sarcoma in foot.” Eurorad 2017, Jun 27; URL: http://www.eurorad.org/case.php?id=14640.
- Mohsen LA, Amin MF. “3D and 2D ultrasound-based fetal weight estimation: a single center experience.” J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med. 2016 May 26:1-8.
- Mohsen LA, Amin MF. “3D and 2D ultrasound-based fetal weight estimation: a single center experience.” Proceedings of the ECR 2017.