Dr Roushanak Rahmat
I was a research associate at the Brain Tumour Imaging Group and a postdoc research associate of Queens’ College. My research focuses on advanced multimodal brain imaging to understand the heterogeneity of gliomas (high and low grade).
I hold a PhD in Electrical&Computer Engineering from Heriot-Watt University in collaboration with the University of Edinburgh; the focus of my PhD was Medical Image Analysis. Prior to obtaining my PhD, I finished my Master by research degree in Intelligent Imaging and Bachelor degree in Electrical& Electronics Engineering specialised in Instrumentation&Control at the University Technology PETRONAS (UTP) where I was awarded the scholarship from PETRONAS.
My research interests include image&signal processing, computer vision, machine learning, cloud computing and mobile app development. I am an excellent self-motivated systematic approach researcher, very enthusiastic smart worker, fantastic communicator, with time management skills and a unique attributes as a team player.
|2017–2019||Research Associate||University of Cambridge||Medical Image Analysis|
|2016–2017||Research Fellow||University of St. Andrews||Cancer Recognition with Deep Learning, Benchmark Cloud Computing, Mobile App Development|
in collaboration with
The University of Edinburgh
PhD in Electrical&Computer Engineering from (Institute of Sensors, Signals and Systems) in collaboration with the University of Edinburgh (Institute for Digital Communications and Edinburgh Cancer Research Center)
Thesis: Monitoring of Lung Cancer Patients during Radiotherapy Using
|Teaching Assistant||University Technology Petronas||Signal Processing Digital Image Processing Circuit Analysis C++|
|2009-2012||MSc Student||University Technology Petronas||Master by Research in Electrical and Electronics Engineering (Specialized in Image and Signal Processing)|
|Teaching Assistant||University Technology Petronas||Numerical Methods Signals and Systems Image Processing Signal|
|2005-2009||BEng Student||University Technology Petronas||Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) in Electrical and Electronics Engineering (Specialized in Instrumentation and Control Engineering)|
- Roushanak Rahmat, Chao Li and Stephen John Price, “Magnetic Resonance Imaging Predicting Glioblastoma Recurrence using a Multi-Scale Deep Learning Model”, MIUA 2019.
- Roushanak Rahmat and David Harris-Birtill, “A Comparison of Level Set Models in Image Segmentation”, IET Image Processing (2018).
- Roushanak Rahmat, William Nailon, David Harris-Birtill, Allan Price and Stephen McLaughlin, “New Level Set Model in Follow Up Radiotherapy Image Analysis“, MIUA (2017).
- Roushanak Rahmat, Yang Feng, William Nailon and Stephen McLaughlin, “Lung Tumour Segmentation using a Combined Texture and Level Set“, Dundee Medical Image Analysis Workshop, Dundee, UK (2015).
- Roushanak Rahmat, Aamir Saeed Malik, and Nidal S. Kamel, “Comparison of LULU and Median Filter for Image Denoising“, International Journal of Computer and Electrical Engineering (2013).
- Roushanak Rahmat, Aamir Saeed Malik, Nidal Kamel, Humaira Nisar, “3D shape from focus using LULU operators and discrete pulse transform in the presence of noise“, Journal of Visual Communication and Image Representation (2013).
- Roushanak Rahmat, Aamir Saeed Malik, Ibrahima Faye and Nidal S. Kamel, “An Overview of LULU Operators and Discrete Pulse Transform for Image Analysis“, Imaging Science Journal (2013).
- Roushanak Rahmat, Aamir Saeed Mallik, Nidal Kamel, Tae-Sun Choi and Monson H. Hayes, “3D Shape from Focus using LULU Operators“, Advanced Concepts for Intelligent Vision Systems, Lecture Notes in Computer Science (2012).
- Roushanak Rahmat, Aamir Saeed Malik, and Nidal S. Kamel, ” 3-D content generation using optical passive reflective techniques“, The 15th IEEE International Symposium on Consumer Electronics, Singapore (2011).
- Roushanak Rahmat, Aamir Saeed Malik, and Nidal S. Kamel, “Comparison of LULU and Median Filter for Image Denoising“, 3rd Conference on Signal Acquisition and Processing (ICSAP), Singapore (2011).
- Roushanak Rahmat, Nidal S. Kamel and Norashikin Yahya, “Subspace-Based Signature Verification Technique using Reduced-Sensor Data Glove“, IEEE Symposium on Industrial Electronics and Applications (ISIEA), Malaysia (2009).
- Roushanak Rahmat, Nidal S. Kamel and Norashikin Yahya, “Principle Subspace-Based Signature Verification Technique“, Conference on Innovative Technologies in Intelligent Systems and Industrial Applications (CITISIA), Monash University, Malaysia (2009).