The Paediatric Neurosurgery Research Group focuses on improving the outcomes and experiences of children undergoing treatment for brain tumours, traumatic brain injury and hydrocephalus.
Current Clinical Studies
COVID-19: exploring the impact of the pandemic on the diagnosis, treatment and outcomes of children with brain tumours
We are conducting a multi-centre mixed methods study to understand the impact of the pandemic on the outcomes and experiences of children with a brain tumour.
Multimodality neuromonitoring of the Acute Paediatric Brain Injury Patient
We aim to characterise the metabolic and inflammatory changes that follow acute paediatric brain injury using microdialysis and tissue oxygen sensor monitoring alongside routine ICP monitoring.
The Cambridge Head Circumference App
We have developed a smart phone app allowing parents and caregivers to measure infant head circumference.
Mr Ibrahim Jalloh
Consultant Paediatric Neurosurgeon
Dr Kalsoom Akhter
Miss Katherine Holland
Miss Sara Venturini
Mr Stefan Yordanov
Dr Shruti Agrawal
Dr Amos Burke
Dr Rachel Isba
- Changes in patterns of activity at a tertiary paediatric neurosurgical centre during the first wave of the 2020 pandemic. Jalloh I, Smart H, Holland KS, Zimmer-Smith HR, Isba RE. Childs Nerv Syst. 2020 Nov;36(11):2599-2601. doi: 10.1007/s00381-020-04865-3. Epub 2020 Aug 18. PMID: 32809064
- Clinical utility of circulating miR-371a-3p for the management of patients with intracranial malignant germ cell tumors. Murray MJ, Ajithkumar T, Harris F, Williams RM, Jalloh I, Cross J, Ronghe M, Ward D, Scarpini CG, Nicholson JC, Coleman N. Neurooncol Adv. 2020 Apr 13;2(1):vdaa048. doi: 10.1093/noajnl/vdaa048. eCollection 2020 Jan-Dec. PMID: 32642701
- Feasibility of awake craniotomy in the pediatric population. Alcaraz García-Tejedor G, Echániz G, Strantzas S, Jalloh I, Rutka J, Drake J, Der T. Paediatr Anaesth. 2020 Apr;30(4):480-489. doi: 10.1111/pan.13833. Epub 2020 Feb 13. PMID: 31997512
- Modelling outcomes after paediatric brain injury with admission laboratory values: a machine-learning approach. Kayhanian S, Young AMH, Mangla C, Jalloh I, Fernandes HM, Garnett MR, Hutchinson PJ, Agrawal S. Pediatr Res. 2019 Nov;86(5):675. doi: 10.1038/s41390-019-0545-y. PMID: 31462764
- Continuous Multimodality Monitoring in Children after Traumatic Brain Injury-Preliminary Experience. Young AM, Donnelly J, Czosnyka M, Jalloh I, Liu X, Aries MJ, Fernandes HM, Garnett MR, Smielewski P, Hutchinson PJ, Agrawal S. PLoS One. 2016 Mar 15;11(3):e0148817. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0148817. eCollection 2016. PMID: 26978532